Medicare Supplement Plan G from Aetna is one of ten standardized insurance plans available to seniors to help cover out-of-pocket costs associated with their health care. Included in Plan G Coverage are the Part A deductible and emergency room visits.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G works in conjunction with Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Part B).
Here are a few Plan G highlights:
- Medicare supplement plans are becoming more and more popular
- Provides the highest benefits
- The plan fills in any gaps after Original Medicare (that’s why it’s commonly called Medigap Plan G) with the exception of the $226 Medicare Part B deductible for 2023.
Compare Medicare Supplement quotes from the Nation's top rated carriers for Free
Call us at 800-208-4974 or enter your details below for instant access
What is covered by Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G?
This plan provides the most comprehensive coverage.
Plan G Covers:
- Coinsurance for Medicare Part A hospital coverage
- after Medicare benefits have been exhausted for a maximum of 365 days
- the copay or coinsurance for Part A hospice care
- Part A deductible
- Coinsurance for Part B preventive office visits
- Copays for Part B
- excessive charges
- for the first three pints of blood needed for medical procedures
- Coinsurance for skilled nursing care
- Toreign travel coverage
Plan G does not cover:
- Part B deductible of $226 per year
- Dental, hearing, or vision
What is the Cost of Medicare Plan G?
Depending on your insurance company and where you live, the monthly premium for Plan G will vary. Your age, gender, and smoking habits can also affect the price you pay.
A 65-year-old woman who does not use tobacco will pay $99.24 to $181.84 in premiums in Houston, zip code 75851. About $119 is the average monthly premium.
How often do Aetna Plan G rates increase?
Almost every insurance provider increases rates.
Increases are based on several factors:
- where you live
- Insurance type
- Inflation and economic factors
You can get a good idea what your premiums might be in the future by examining past increases, but these are not set in stone. Let’s take a closer look:
- 3 to 10% historically
- Hstorically, because there are a lot more seniors with Plan G
The monthly premiums for Medicare Supplement plans are set by Aetna based on the “attained-age” rating method, in most states. The attained-age method determines premiums according to your age. You can expect your rates to increase as you get older, regardless of inflation or economic factors.
Aetna Medicare Plan G offers the following advantages to those shopping for Medigap policies:
- You are guaranteed not to see your rates increase during the first year of a 12-month rate-lock.
- Within 30-days of enrolling in a health insurance policy, you can cancel it for any reason and receive a full refund of your premiums.
- State-specific rules and amounts apply to the household discount.
Does Aetna Medicare Supplement have SilverSneakers?
SilverSneakers are not covered under Aetna Medigap plan G. This benefit is only available in certain Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplement companies.
Medigap Plan G from Aetna: Why should you select it?
Aetna’s advantage over its competitors comes to light when comparing providers of Medicare Supplement Plan G, whether you compare them online or if you speak with one of the agents. Aetna is a top provider in the senior market thanks to its decades of experience.
The company’s size and the fact that they have been in business for several years ensure that they have the resources to pay your claims quickly, answer any questions you may have, and resolve any problems that may arise.
Aetna features unparalleled online resources including a member portal offering secure access to your policies, updating your information and exploring other Aetna products and services. You can also set up customized alerts to remind you when your payment is due or your subscription is due.