Yes, Medicare Part B covers outpatient care, Medicare will be able to cover exams or treatments related to podiatry services. In order to get the services covered by Medicare, you must have foot issues that need medical treatment, prescribed by a medical professional or doctor.
Examples of foot problems that may need podiatry:
- Hammer toe
- Feet deformities
- Heel spurs
- Foot nerve damage
- Removal of corns
- Foot diseases
However, Original Medicare will only cover 80% of the services needed, the doctor may request that the patient gets outside services related to their treatment that is not covered by Medicare Part A or B. In those cases, it’s important that folks know that the 20% not covered can be an unpredictable amount. That amount must be paid out of pocket, however, private insurance companies have come together to form a solution, Medicare supplement plans.
If you have any questions about Medicare or Medicare supplement plans, give us a call at 800-208-4974. One of our licensed insurance agents will be able to assist you in finding the right Medicare supplement plan for your needs.
How to Lower Podiatry Cost With a Medicare Supplement Plan
With a Medicare supplement or Medigap plan, folks can fill the “gaps ” that Original Medicare doesn’t cover. As stated before because of the U.S. government’s limitations on how much aid they can give to U.S. citizens and permanent residents, they will only be able to provide 80% coverage of inpatient and outpatient care for beneficiaries. In order to make sure folks are getting full coverage that’s where a Medicare supplement plan is great to fulfill podiatry costs.
If a doctor asserts that treatment is necessary in order to reduce foot pain and continue maintenance care and it’s not covered by Original Medicare, luckily not all hope is lost, Medicare supplements can help cover:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
- First three pints of blood
- Part A hospice care
- Skilled nursing
That is just a small list of benefits that a Medicare supplement can provide. If you would like to learn more about Medigap and how it can help lower your Medical costs, give us a call at 800-208-4974. One of our trusted insurance agents will be able to provide you with more information and give you a free consultation.
What is Podiatry?
Podiatry is a practice by doctors that help assess and study feet. Whether it’s finding ways to treat injuries, strengthen ankles, or ongoing issues due to poor circulation. A podiatrist is an individual you got to in order to find a solution or treatment for anything feet related.
If you are experiencing foot pain, you may want to go to a podiatrist in order to get a prescription. Once the prescription is given for a problem, you can see if Medicare will cover the treatment. For example, make sure that if they suggest you get new diabetic shoes or orthopedic shoes, that you go to a Medicare-approved supplier. Getting help from a podiatrist should be a seamless experience.
Wondering how podiatrist recommended treatments can be covered by Medicare or a Medicare supplement? Give us a call at 800-208-4974. One of our expert insurance agents will be able to assist you in finding the right plan and providing a free consultation.
Podiatry is a specialized approach to foot care that may need more medical attention than regular foot care. For example, an individual experiencing a foot deformity or poor circulation due to diabetes will need to see a podiatrist to better treat the issue. However, foot care is clipping toenails to avoid ingrown nails or washing feet daily in order to avoid fungus problems.
Yes, with Original Medicare Part B, which covers outpatient costs, if it’s deemed medically necessary, Medicare pays up to 80% of their podiatry visits. In addition, if you are formally put in a hospital because of a foot issue that needs immediate medical attention, a large portion will be covered as well. To learn more about Medicare and the different ways to cover medical costs, give us a call at 800-208-4974.
Generally, Medicare will not provide coverage for podiatry boots. It will, however, provide coverage for a leg brace, or medical equipment, that is as an integral part of the shoe. Medicare also provides coverage for therapeutic shoes or diabetic shoes if folks are suffering from diabetic symptoms or other foot issues that require specialized shoes and inserts.
What is the cost of Podiatry care with Medicare?
Depending on the type of treatment, consultation, or expertise of the portraitist, costs could vary from $60 to up to $400 per visit with healthcare provider. On top of that, having to purchase specialized products for your feet or unique treatments will have to come from out of pocket costs not covered by Original Medicare.
Thankfully with Original Medicare, a majority of the costs will be covered, around 80% which is a great burden lifted off the policyholder’s shoulders. However that leaves 20% unattended for, and feet problems could be ongoing costs that add up year over year. A Medigap plan helps solves that issue and makes sure that individuals are given full coverage. Depending on your plan, a Medigap plan can help cover part or the full amount of the medical bill.
If you have any questions regarding Medicare or Medicare supplement, give us a call at 800-208-4974. One of our licensed insurance agents will be able to assist you with any concerns you may have and provide a free consultation to guide you in finding the best Medicare supplement plan for your needs.
Medicare Advantage and Podiatry
Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part C is another option that may be of interest for folks that want more coverage beyond Original Medicare. With Medicare Advantage, you’ll receive the same benefits as Medicare Parts A and B, plus, you may receive coverage for prescriptions if your Advantage plan includes RX coverage.
For example, if your podiatrist recommends you take a certain type of medication not covered by your Medicare Part A or B, then having a Medicare Part C plan may help cover some of the cost of the prescription medication you may need for your treatment. You may also customize your plan depending on your needs.
Wondering how a Medicare advantage plan can help you and provide routine foot care through a prescription drug, give us a call at 800-208-4974. One of our licensed insurance agents will be able to assist you in finding the right plan for your needs.
Does Medicare Cover Podiatry For Diabetics?
Yes, but only if it’s deemed medically necessary, meaning treatments will be only covered if it’s pre-approved by Medicare. For example, if a diabetic is experiencing diabetic neuropathy, loss of sensation, foot deformities, then they get eligibility for podiatry consultations and treatment covered by Medicare.
To learn more about what Medicare covers, and the different Medigap plans available to cover the costs, give us a call at 800-208-4974. One of our trusted insurance agents will be able to assist you with all your needs.
Does Medicare Cover Podiatry For Ingrown Toenails?
Yes! Again, if it’s medically necessary, your health condition and if the ingrown toenails are causing pain to your feet, resulting in not being able to walk properly and function normally, then folks may be eligible for Medicare cover, up to 80% for that treatment.
To learn more about the different options Medicare coverage has for podiatry, give us a call at 800-208-4974. We’ll be able to go over different coverage plans and how to help you enroll.
It’s clear that Medicare will be able to provide a lot of support for folks that are experiencing feet issues, whether it’s due to a diabetic problem or foot deformities, it’s important to know that Medicare can cover 80% of it. However, that leaves 20% of medical costs up to the individual to pay off, that’s why having a Medicare supplement plan is vital.
thumbIf you have any Medicare-related questions or would like to learn more about Medicare supplements, give us a call at 800-208-4974.